Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
(12) (In Press) Optogenetics, Pluralism and Progress. Philosophy of Science.
(11) 2017) Cristina Dieni, Aldo Ferraresi, Silvarosa Grassi, Vito Enrico Pettorossi Jacqueline Sullivan and Roberto Panichi. Acute Inhibition of Estradiol Synthesis Impacts Vestibulo-Ocular Reflex Adaptation and Cerebellar Long-Term Potentiation in Male Rats. Brain Structure and Function. (on-line first)
(10) (2017) Coordinated Pluralism as a Means to Facilitate Integrative Taxonomies of Cognition. Philosophical Explorations 20(2): 129-145.
(9) (2016) Construct Stabilization and the Unity of the Mind-Brain Sciences. Philosophy of Science 83: 662-673.
(8) (2016) Response to Commentary on Stabilizing constructs through collaboration across different research fields as a way to foster the integrative approach of the Research Domain Criteria (RDoC) Project. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fnhum.2016.00448/full
(7) (2016) Stabilizing constructs through collaboration across different research fields as a way to foster the integrative approach of the Research Domain Criteria (RDoC) Project. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fnhum.2016.00309/full
(6) (2015) “Qualitative Assessment of Self-Identity in Advanced Dementia”, Sadvhi Bahtra, Jacqueline Sullivan, Beverly Williams, David Geldmacher. Dementia: The International Journal of Social Research and Practice. doi: 10.1177/1471301215601619
(5) (2010) “Reconsidering Spatial Memory and the Morris Water Maze”, Synthese 177(2): 261-283.
(4) (2010) “Realization, Explanation and the Mind-Body Relation”, Editor’s Introduction. Synthese 177(2): 151-164.
(3) (2010) “A Role for Representation in Cognitive Neurobiology”, Philosophy of Science 77(5): 875-887.
(2) (2009) “The Multiplicity of Experimental Protocols: A Challenge to Reductionist and Non-Reductionist Models of the Unity of Neuroscience”, Synthese 167:511-539.
(1) (2008) “Memory Consolidation, Multiple Realization and Modest Reductions”, Philosophy of Science 75(5): 501-513.
Peer-Reviewed Contributions to Anthologies
(10) (2017) ‘Mechanisms in neuroscience’, with Catherine Stinson, for the Routledge Handbook of the Philosophy of Mechanisms, Stuart Glennan and Phyllis Illari (eds.)
(9) (2017) “Introduction” (w/Marcus Adams, Zvi Biener and Uljana Feest) to appear in Eppur si muove: Doing Philosophy of Science with Peter Machamer. Marcus Adams, Zvi Biener, Uljana Feest and Jackie Sullivan, eds., Springer.
(8) (2017) “Long-term potentiation: One Kind or Many?” to appear in Eppur si muove: Doing Philosophy of Science with Peter Machamer. Marcus Adams, Zvi Biener, Uljana Feest and Jackie Sullivan, eds., Springer.
(7) (2016) “Models of Mental Illness” in The Routledge Companion to the Philosophy of Medicine, Harold Kincaid, Jeremy Simon and Miriam Solomon (eds.), New York: Routledge, 455-464.
(6) (2016) “Neuroscientific Kinds Through the Lens of Scientific Practice” in Natural Kinds and Classification in Scientific Practice, Catherine Kendig (ed.), New York: Routledge, pp. 47-56.
(5) (2015) “Experimentation in Cognitive Neuroscience and Cognitive Neurobiology” In The Handbook of Neuroethics (Springer), Jens Clausen and Neil Levy (Eds)., Dordrecht: Springer, pp. 31-47.
(4) (2014) “Is the Next Frontier in Neuroscience a Decade of the Mind?” In Brain Theory: Essays in Critical Neurophilosophy, Charles Wolfe, Ed.(Palgrave-MacMillan), pp. 45-67.
(3) (2014) “Classifying Psychopathology: Mental Kinds and Natural Kinds” (w/Harold Kincaid). In Classifying Psychopathology: Mental Kinds and Natural Kinds, Harold Kincaid and Jacqueline A. Sullivan, Eds. (MIT Press), pp. 1-10.
(2) (2014) “Stabilizing Mental Disorders: Prospects and Problems” in Classifying Psychopathology: Mental Kinds and Natural Kinds, Harold Kincaid and Jacqueline A. Sullivan, Eds. (MIT Press), pp. 257-281.
(1) (2010) (w/Harold Kincaid) “Challenges to Medical Models of Addiction”, What is Addiction?, Harold Kincaid, Don Ross, David Spurrett and Peter Collins, (eds.), MIT Press. kincaidsullivan-05062015111110
Other published contributions
(2015) “Knowing Yourself — and Your Mental States — in New Ways” Western News Big Ideas Issue , May 7, 2015.